Friday, March 12, 2010

Just a Thought

Today while I was at physical therapy for my neck, my brain started to wander, probably guided by the Spirit, and a thought popped into my mind.

What would I do if the Savior came tomorrow?

This thought did not come to my mind at 9 AM while I was going through torturous (OK, maybe I am exaggerating a little) therapy manipulations on my neck. The thought came during the quiet time as I laid on a table with my head in a machine that was stretching my neck (I think I am growing).

OK, not really, it came during a time when all was quiet as I laid on some heat to soothe and relax my ridiculous neck.

The quiet times...that's when the Spirit speaks to us. With all the noise surrounding us in this crazy world of tumultous events...earthquakes, possible tsunamis, more earthquakes...news reporters that love to exaggerate a story that is probably worth 30 seconds of air time but they drag it out to a 5 minute interview...the TV, the radio (maybe that is old fashioned), OK my iPod; the noise is too much and I can't hear what the Spirit is trying to tell me.

But, in those moments of sincere quiet, when we can hear that still small voice, the Spirit speaks to us.

That's what happened today...and the question I heard in my mind was, "What would you do if the Savior came tomorrow?"

Wow, did I ever have so many things to think about. I know I am not prepared for His coming, I have so many things that need to be better in my life...my relationships, my temple attendance, more intense scripture reading, being more devoted to attending all my meetings (the list is much longer, but I will keep this blog post to an acceptable amount of time).

I think about the Primary song that starts out with the words, "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?" My answer would be yes, there are some things I would continue to do; and no, there are some things I wouldn't do and I need to work on those.

I know His Coming is soon. There are so many signs around us warning us or maybe it's not a warning but a wake up call. Who knows what "soon" means to our Heavenly Father. "Soon" could be a thousand years from now, it could be a hundred years from now, or it could be tomorrow. Oh my goodness, what would I do if it was tomorrow?

Just a thought!!

No comments: